The AWSA Midwest is excited to be able to provide scholarships for Collegiate Skiers in the region!
• Applicant must be a full-time student, incoming Sophomore through incoming Senior, at 4 year accredited college or university.
• Current active member of USA WATER SKI with Midwest as designated Region & STATE ASSOCIATION
• Awards are for one year only—recipients may reapply each year— one person can receive the award for no more than 3 times. Recipients must attend school for the full year during the year of receipt.
• U. S. Citizenship
HOW TO APPLY:
• Download the application below and follow the instructions within
• Answer all questions as completely as possible
• Two (2) letters of reference
• A typed 500-word essay (no less than 450, no more than 550) on the following topic: “You are a tournament and/or collegiate water skier. Is it important that you help the chief judge and or tournament director in some capacity (runner, timer, judge, scorer, etc.)?” Make sure to include specifics, such as, involvement in water skiing in the past, present, and future, how tournament/collegiate skiing has impacted your life and how you plan on continuing waterskiing following college and importantly check the grammar.
• An official transcript of grades. Transcript must either show work in progress or that student is currently a full-time student. College freshman must include an official high school transcript as well.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
• July 1 each Year…..No extension of the application deadline will be made
* A Midwest Scholarship selection committee will select recipients based on the information provided in the application, references, essay and grade transcripts.
• Extracurricular Involvement
• Letters of recommendation
• Number of years in USA WATER SKI & CURRENT STATE ASSOCIATION
NOTIFICATION OF SCHOLARSHIP AWARD:
Recipient will be awarded the scholarship at the Midwest Banquet by the scholarship committee.
$750 to one male and female applicant.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION!